Spotify~Smutefy~Blockify

Reaction score
Hello good people...

I am trying to find advice on listening to Spotify (ad-free) on my MacBook Pro. On my Acer Laptop I can listen to Spotify and Blockify works a dream, it mutes the adverts then resumes with the music. But, on aforementioned MacBook I cannot get Smutefy to work properly. I have followed guidance found on the web, i.e. installing Growl, then Sound Flower, then Spotify, then Smutefy.

The problems I am experiencing are, Smutefy doesn't recognise adds automatically, then when I manually mute the ad and (ahem) add it to the blacklist Spotify is completely muted until I restart it.

I have tried running Spotify through Wine, which works a treat, BUT, I can't get Blockify to work via the same method, although it is just a small PC based application. Hence, running Spotify through Wine is not an option for me.

Any advice/experience greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards... O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Try paying for Spotify premium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
C

chas_m

I'm sorry, where in Spotify's terms of service (which you agreed to) is the part where it says you can steal from them?

If you don't like the ads, pay up or go f-- er, FIND an alternative music service. I like iTunes Radio, myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.