• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

are swissgear backpacks good?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think "cool" is more than a bit subjective, but it looks pretty nice to me.

I've owned a few of their products now - my favorite was a neoprene laptop bag. They tend to make thoughtfully designed, well-constructed bags. If you like the looks of it, then go for it. For $25, that's not bad at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have a Swiss Gear backpack that I carry with me when I travel (and I travel a LOT). Normally hold 2 laptops, iPad, notepads, all associated laptop gear (cables, power cords, HDDs, Mouse, iPhone.iPad chargers) and other misc gear. I go thru one about every 2 to 3 years and I average 30 to 50 business trips a year.

Don't care about cool, I care about it holding all my stuff well, fitting in overhead luggage racks on commercial aircraft and occasionally fitting in the cargo hold of smaller aircraft without breaking or breaking my gear. Best backpacks I've found so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I have that exact bag. I also have the side bag.

The bags are great, they last a long time. I've been using the bag sometimes for in town shows to hold drum hardware stuff (bass drum pedals etc.) and it does it well which is a tough go.

But, one thing I will mention. I also have an older incase one with the laptop sleeve, and I find the incase one has better padding on the bottom part, so if you set the bag down a little harder it doesn't affect the laptop. The swiss gear one, I have to remember to be a little easier as it has less padding on the bottom for protection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.