migration issue

Reaction score
I have migrated from g4 17" mac to a new iMac running Mountain lion. Now I have two user accounts on my iMac. The first one I setup when i setup the imac originally yesterday. The other is my old user with lots of documents, apps etc. Now I am not clear on how to move the old into the new so I can delete the old user and be all setup. I just do not understand how to do this. I know you can't have both users on at one time. I am not clear how to use share if that is the way. One place mentioned share, user, home. As you can see I am totally confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You best bet is to continue using the old account that came across and delete the new one you set up yesterday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
Is it possible for two different users on the same computer to access the same files? Example: I have made my wife her own user login, but her login cannot access the photos in my iPhoto app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
Thanks

Larry H

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.