Java 7 Update 10

Reaction score
I am a new MacBook Pro user and like to play games on my computer. Java window appeared yesterday requiring me to download the new upgrade to their system, which I did.
It apparently installs correctly. I have checked that it is enabled but it still doesn't work for Pogo games.

I read that in order to restore the system to an earlier date you install a CD provided with your purchase. I did not receive a disc.

Can anyone advise what I should do to get Java working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Depending on your version of the OS, chances are that Apple remotely disabled Java a couple of days ago.

To check if Java is operational on your computer have a look here on how to do this.
How to check for and disable Java in OS X | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

You can also launch the Java preferences app from the applications/utilities folder .

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
java fix

apple have the fix for java 7 but when I try to update it tells me there was an error to try again later

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Give it a day or two. Servers probably flat strap and Oracle stated patch will be available later this week.

C

chas_m

Let's be clear about something, since there is a LOT of misinformation going around about this.

Apple DID NOT remotely turn off Java. It updated Xprotect to make an as-yet-unreleased version of the JAVA PLUG-IN FOR SAFARI (not the same thing as an installed version of Java at all!) the minimum required due to a security issue. Firefox followed suit and the DHS is advising everyone who uses Java BROWSER PLUG-INS to disable them for the time being.

You can continue to use programs that require Java on your computer if you have it installed (most Mac owners don't anymore, since it's rarely used these days -- in part because of security issues like this latest one).

The fix for the browser plug-ins should be out on Tuesday or thereabouts. Hopefully this will fix the problem, and also hopefully it will encourage sites like Pogo to get on with the transition to STANDARDS that don't have these kinds of nearly-constant issues ...

Reaction score
got the fix for java problem everything was working fine today was ask to update to new java now can't play pogo games what's going on

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
got the fix for java problem everything was working fine today was ask to update to new java now can't play pogo games what's going on

Apple DID NOT remotely turn off Java. It updated Xprotect to make an as-yet-unreleased version of the JAVA PLUG-IN FOR SAFARI (not the same thing as an installed version of Java at all!) the minimum required due to a security issue.
chas' answer, although two weeks old, still very much applies. Apple has disabled Java plugins for Safari. If you need to use Java in your browser, switch to another in the meantime.

Reaction score
chas' answer, although two weeks old, still very much applies. Apple has disabled Java plugins for Safari. If you need to use Java in your browser, switch to another in the meantime.

I'm confused. My wife has a MacBook Air. I have a MBP. Both are running Lion. Neither of us updated anything recently. My wife plays Yahoo Bridge. Until today, she has been able to access Yahoo Bridge. Now, the applet will not load.

My MBP has the same issue. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. Same issue.

Interestingly, we have an old iMac running Leopard and it accesses Yahoo Bridge.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reaction score

I'm confused. My wife has a MacBook Air. I have a MBP. Both are running Lion. Neither of us updated anything recently. My wife plays Yahoo Bridge. Until today, she has been able to access Yahoo Bridge. Now, the applet will not load.

My MBP has the same issue. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. Same issue.

Interestingly, we have an old iMac running Leopard and it accesses Yahoo Bridge.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Backed up both laptops. Downloaded Java 7 and now Yahoo bridge works on both!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.