Skype problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I was overseas for 3 weeks. On my return I have problems with Skype . I can hear the other person but they can only hear me intermittently. We can write messages. My Skype symbol comes and goes. My Internet was at a reasonable speed. I checked the sound and that seemed ok. I cannot work out what the problem might be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If your Skype status is flutuating it's either a Skype application issue of a bandwidth/connectivity issue on the network (local or internet).

I'd start with an uninstall and re-install of Skype. Then turn the router off, count to 30 , then on again.

Post back with the results please

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
If your Skype status is flutuating it's either a Skype application issue of a bandwidth/connectivity issue on the network (local or internet).

I'd start with an uninstall and re-install of Skype. Then turn the router off, count to 30 , then on again.

Post back with the results please

Perhaps I should also say that I was talking to a friend in Tasmania. Now there are terrible bush fires there. I have heard that Telstra have a lot of infrastructure damage. I suspect it may be due to that on my friends end. I did all what you suggested all ready. Also I spoke to another friend closer to me and we had no problems at all.. Thank you for your reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.