Windows rebooting

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping some of you guys out there can help with this one.

Just had Windows 7 installed in Bootcamp on my mid 2010 Macbook Pro for the specific purpose of running my sports trading software which is unavailable in OSX.

Initially all seemed good, but after about 20 mins it rebooted after an "unexpected error" and reverted to OSX.

I've restarted in Windows again and it lasted about 2 mins before doing the same again. Restarted again and this time it instantly rebooted again.

The underside of the MacBook is very hot while in Windows so not sure if this is the cause and if so, what the solution would be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows 7 is rebooting because it's encountering an error. (BSD) You need to go into options from Control Panel system, hardware, and turn off "reboot on error". You'll still get the blue screen of death, but at least it will tell you why it happened. (It's not rebooting because of heat.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.