New here...quick question

Reaction score
Hi there....First, I don't know what a "switcher" is....Maybe it's someone like myself that has made the switch from PC to Mac!?! Nonetheless, not sure where to post the first of what will certainly be many questions. However, I was wondering if there is a product that I could use on my trackpad for my new imac as a stylus? I would just rather use something like a pen rather than my fingers all the time. Also, albeit not overly sophisticated, I also do quite a bit of digital photography editing. Thanks in advance and I hope I may have just stumbled onto a very helpful forum. :)

C

chas_m

You found the right sub-forum, and yes you're a "switcher."

You're the first person to ask about using a stylus with a trackpad that I can recall, so I'm not sure what to tell you: I should think any iPad stylus would work, but I could be wrong about that. Most people in your position buy and use a drawing tablet (not to be confused with an iPad) from places like Wacom.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have traditionally used a simple mouse but had considered going the Wacom route, but now with this trackpad I was thinking I might be able to get by with some sort of stylus. I think I would prefer it even for normal computer use. Just a thought. Maybe someone else can chime in. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 13inch Retina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.