Superduper Error

Reaction score
I'm getting this Error trying to make a Backup of my HD:
| 03:44:50 PM | Error | sh: /Applications/SuperDuper 2.6.2/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/MacOS/SDCopy: Permission denied. I could use help getting past this error.

Thanks, LilAbner

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of external hard drive are you trying to backup to with SuperDuper? And what format is the external drive using? SuperDuper only works with drives formatted to the Mac OS Extended Journaled file system.

OP
L
Reaction score
What kind of external hard drive are you trying to backup to with SuperDuper? And what format is the external drive using? SuperDuper only works with drives formatted to the Mac OS Extended Journaled file system.

The external HD I'm trying to backup to is a 1T Firewire 800 Formatted to Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's the correct format. Mount the drive on your desktop, right click on it and then click on "get info". Check toward the bottom of the dialog box and look at its permissions. The system must have read and write permissions to the drive before SuperDuper can write to it. Change it if it's wrong.

OP
L
Reaction score
OK, that's the correct format. Mount the drive on your desktop, right click on it and then click on "get info". Check toward the bottom of the dialog box and look at its permissions. The system must have read and write permissions to the drive before SuperDuper can write to it. Change it if it's wrong.
I have R&W Permissions, The System has R&W Permissions, Admin also has R&W Permissions. But I still get the Error message.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Mount the drive in Disk Utility and scan for any disk errors. If any are found let Disk Utility try to repair them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Single Partition and GUID selected under Options? When HD appears on desktop, go to Disk Utility, select it and run repair Disk and see what is reported.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I did run Disk Utilities on the Drive, but it found no errors.

Sorry I did not make that a bit more clear. When in Disk Utility make sure to run Verify Disk and repair errors. That is different from Repair Permissions.

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry I did not make that a bit more clear when in Disk Utility make sure to run Verify Disk and repair errors. That is different from Repair Permissions.

That is what I did.
Do appreciate the help, as this problem has me stumped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.