calender sync?

Reaction score
MacBook Pro with os X. Switched a year ago.
Motorola Milestone x2

I need to have my I Calender sync its info to my phone. Everything from my phone goes right to ical but I can not get it from ical to my phone. an iphone is simply not an option.
I have found no helpful info anywhere and am ready to simply give up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If your sticking with an Android based device I'd suggest investing in the missing sync
Sync Android with Outlook, iTunes, PC or Mac over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
It's established, well supported and robust.
There are free iCal solutions on the Google play store but the missing NYC is the best one in my experience.

However, personally, I'd switch to Google Calendar. It's native to your phone and iCal includes built in support for it.

OP
J
Reaction score
agree

Thanks,
I agree. After hours of trying, I will just use google calendar. I don't see where it matters if ical supports or not though now. Google cal is all on the web. It doesn't matter though because it seems to work.
Now my only concern is how to back this calander up. It is my life, I lose my calander, I lose appts. and $.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
iCal can be setup as an interface to Google Calendar. Go to Calendar (iCal in OS X < 10.8) > Preferences > Accounts. You can set up Google Calendar there.

Backing up is easy. On the left hand side, click the little down arrow next to "My Calendars" > Settings > Export Calendars (underneath your calendar list).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Beat me to it :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you,
Such simple stuff yet so tough to figure out. Learning to use my mac, a friend keeps telling me to quit thinking windows. Just think simple. He is right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.