how to mount network drive?

Reaction score
Hi all,

i would like to mount one or several folders in my airport network as network drive to be able to access them from oder machines.

How can I do this? I cannot find any options etc for that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Available drives should just appear in the finder sidebar. If not hit Cmd+k and enter its IP address.

Once mounted you can go to sharing in system preferences and share folders

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I managed now as you described in sharing to share a folder from my harddisc however I am still not able to see this folder like a network drive from a different machine. I am trying to connect to the drive or folder from a windows PC and I have already activated SMB sharing which should work with windows.

Am I missing something or what do I have to do to make the folder available for other devices?

Thanks and Regards,
Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It will appear as a shared disk under your iMac on the network.

What sort of disks etc are you sharing? And how are they connected? Is there a reason other devices can't connect to them directly?

OP
T
Reaction score
It will appear as a shared disk under your iMac on the network.

What sort of disks etc are you sharing? And how are they connected? Is there a reason other devices can't connect to them directly?

I am sharing a folder from the imacs harddisc, baiscally a documents folder so it is not a external disc etc. The shared folder appear correctly as shared folder in the imac finder...... so here is everything as it should be.

The problem is that I would like to see and access the shared folder in the network and I would like to access it from another laptop which is running windows 7.

Regards,
Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once it's shared you should be able to find it on the network from any machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does it work the other way round or windows to windows?

OP
T
Reaction score
I can see shared network drives from the PC in my imac finder but cannot see she shared imac folder on the pc

Regards,
Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What happens if you ping your Mac from your PC? Or you enter the ip of your Mac into the Windows explorer address bar?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.