Old HDD problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
Back in July i put a SSD in my macbook pro and due to procrastination i just now got a SATA cable to plug in the old HDD, now when i go to launch apps like iPhoto and garage band it says that it cannot open the application because i need to check with the developer to see if that version of OSX is compatible with the app, i understand that i have mountain lion now and i had Lion back then so thats probably why but how do i get around this? i have valuable photos and videos in iMovie and iPhoto.

Thanks again Mac users

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Something else may be going on here. Most of the apps that worked with Lion also work with Mountain Lion. Can you give us an ice of which apps are giving you this error. Please include the version numbers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
Iphoto version 9.2.3 and iMovie version 9.0.4, i now have mountain lion 10.8.2 and i had the last version of lion before i upgraded to a solid state drive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.