Apple ID

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum so please bear with me.

Background. Have been running iTunes on an XP PC for some years now but only recently bought an ipad. On registering the ipad in the store the guy asked me if I had any apple products and I said no (ITunes never crossed my mind), so he created a new Apple ID for me. I used this new ID for icloud also.

I have just received a new Windows 8 laptop from work to replace the aging PC. As I am trying to keep everything neat and tidy on the new laptop, my question to you is this.

When I transfer all my music to the laptop I thought it would be a good idea to change to the new Apple ID within iTunes. If I do this will I loose access to the music I have bought from ITunes over the years? If so is there a work round to stop this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would use the new ID and to gain access to your older stuff it will prompt you for user ID and password for that account I had to do the same a few years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.