iPhoto9

Reaction score
I have a Mac OS X and recently had to upgrade my iPhoto 6 to version 9. Now I can't enlarge some of the photos in my library - when I double click on the thumbnail I get a large grey/black exclamation point. Can anybody help??
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

I believe the exclamation mark you are seeing indicates that iPhoto is unable to find the file for that photo.
Try this select the photos thumbnail and then choose “Revert to Original” from the “Photos” menu, this should restore your images.

Not sure if there is a quicker way or if you can sleet more than one photo. As this has never happened to me.

C

chas_m

If it can't find the photo, it's also very likely not to be able to find the original, so that method is unlikely to work.

As you've just done upgrades, the first thing I'd suggest is to ensure you have a full backup of your old iPhoto Library still available to you on Time Machine or your clone drive. You may need to restore your iPhoto Library from that and let iPhoto "update" it to iPhoto 09's standards again.

Second thing I would suggest is running Disk Utility's permission repair on the volume.

Finally I would suggest you launch iPhoto with the command and option keys held down. This brings up a dialog with some repair options. Check every one of the boxes and let it do its thing for a while. See if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.