Macbook Pro sound issues

Reaction score
Hi! My 2 and a half year old macbook pro seems to not want to produce sound unless headphones are plugged in. Is there any way to get it back so I can have sound freely flowing from the computer? I just noticed this change a few days ago, so I am not sure how long it has been like this, or if I just messed up a setting by accident. Please let me know how to fix this! Thanks in advanced

**I have uploaded a screenshot of the sound when I unplug my headphones.

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 4.37.47 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
This should be easily fixed! Go to system preferences then sound then select internal speakers under output.

OP
R
Reaction score
I just uploaded a screenshot of what I see in the Sound. Its like my speakers disappeared in the output

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
Hmmmm? Try reseting the PRAM. That stores temporary information like the sound so maybe that will fix it.

OP
R
Reaction score
YES! Reseting the PRAM worked!! Thanks so much! I was not wanting to drag it down to an apple store and be tempted to buy things while I wait to get helped :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.