Apple ID

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting into my Apple ID. The "system" tells me that my ID and password do not match the information their system has for me. I tried to change the User Name and it told me that I could either give my User ID and they would send me an e-mail with instructions. that e-mail never arrived in my Inbox.

So...I tried the option to answer security questions to make changes...The questions I was asked were "What is your birthday?" I entered my birthday and it would not accept it...How could I put in any other date? Only what I entered was correct.

Next attempt was to answer two other "security" questions: "What was your first teacher's name" and "What is the name of your favorite car"? I know I did not choose those questions because I do not know the answers.

How to you handle successfully contacts with Apple regarding Apple ID matters.

I am going to purchase an Apple5 iPhone in a week and I am without an Apple ID name and password that will "let me in". Same goes for my iPad. They will be useless to me unless I can find a way to contact Apple and set up new access to my Apple products.

Hoping for a workable solution soon.

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
Call apple about that one, if your still stuck you might just have to create a new apple ID.

Reaction score
I am haveing the exact same problem, went all though thoses way to reset password, but never rec'd the email. do you think if I went to the apple store they would be able to help, want to dl some apps but no pw no apps. thx happy new year

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Did you look in your junk/spam mail box?

OP
S
Reaction score
You syggested that I contact Apple. How do you do that? I have not been able to find a way to do that. I do not have a contract for support for this new Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.