moving photos

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help. I am lost and feel ridiculous asking but, I am trying to move photos from my passport hard drive to my Imac, specifically into Photoshop elements organizer. I am able to locate them and import them from the passport, but the issue is the passport has to be connected at all times in order to view them. I want to have them on my imac without having the passpot connected. Does anyone have any advice on this? If so please advise step by step, I am not the most computer literate person. ;P Thank in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I don't know about Photoshop Elements, but I guess what is happening is that you are not actually importing them, only creating shortcuts ( or links ) to that actual photo ( file ) on the Passport disk.
Not much of a help I know, but someone else with more Photoshop experience will chime in and help out further.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
yep thats what im thinking. I'm not sure how to copy them direct.

err... create a directory on your hard drive, highlight the files on your Passport drive and copy them over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I want to have them on my imac without having the passpot connected.
Why not import them into iPhoto? To make sure that you can view them with your external drive disconnected, go into iPhoto Preferences>Advanced and tick the "Copy Items to iPhoto Library".

In iPhoto Preferences, you can also designate Photoshop Elements as the application to use when you want to edit your pictures. Double clicking on a photo in iPhoto will then open it in the PE window for editing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.