Office 2011 Mac Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, G4 Power Book
Some help please. I am running OSX 10.8.2 on a 27" iMac. I have just upgraded from Office 2008 to Office 2011 and cannot share attachments from Word to MS Mail now. If I select this share option the dreaded coloured spinning wheel appears and after about 20 seconds 'Mail' opens but only the command line at the top of the screen, and a blank screen. I have searched the web to find a solution and as a result repaired my disk privileges, checked the preferences umpteen times but still no success. Can anyone suggest a fix please?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Could you please clarify a few things. Are you using Apple Mail or Outlook? You mention "MS Mail" and although I presume you mean Outlook, I just want to make sure. Second, you mention that, "only the command line at the top of the screen" appears. What do you mean by this? Do you have a screenshot?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, G4 Power Book
Could you please clarify a few things. Are you using Apple Mail or Outlook? You mention "MS Mail" and although I presume you mean Outlook, I just want to make sure. Second, you mention that, "only the command line at the top of the screen" appears. What do you mean by this? Do you have a screenshot?

Sorry, I am using Apple Mail. When 'Mail' eventually opens all I get is my desktop and the Mail' command bar next to the "apple' logo at the top of the screen. I have attached a screenshot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.