addressbook

Reaction score
I upgraded my macbook. The old address book was a version 4 and my new mac has version 6. The new version won't open anything in the old address book. I can't imagine why apple would create such an awkward situation. Has this happened to anyone else out there?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you running? If you upgraded your version of OS X, contacts from the old address book should have been carrier over to the new one. Also, there is no longer an address book in Mountain Lion, it's called "Contacts.app".

OP
H
Reaction score
address book

the new machine is 10.7.5. it was new when I bought it in april. I don't know which animal that is.
The old machine had been updated to snow leopard a few months earlier.
Did I do it wrong?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're using Lion (10.7.5) so you no longer have an address book. Look for the "contacts.app" in your application folder. If you didn't use the Migration Assistant or Time Machine to copy data from your old Mac to the new one, you'll have to add your contacts again, but this time to the "contacts.app". Also, you should probably upgrade to the latest version of OS X, Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.