Switched from PC to Mac and music doesn't show up

Reaction score
I owned a lot of CDs, and I imported them all into iTunes before I sold them on eBay. Then I realized that I didn't have an Apple ID (since I was a PC user), so I made one and all the music showed up in the iTunes on my PC. I recently bought a MacBook Pro and when I first started it, I skipped the Apple ID login steps. I logged in after my Mac was set up, and none of my music shows up. Do I need to transfer my information? (I skipped that step in Setup.) If I do, how do I do it? If not, what do I need to do to get my music to show up?
EDIT: Also, I have music on my iPhone, and when I connect it, the music is on iTunes, but once I disconnect it, the music is all gone.

C

chas_m

I have to point out that under US law, what you have done is illegal so I don't think we can further help you with this matter. You're not allowed to retain a digital copy of music you no longer own on CD.

The good news is that you can "make this right" for a mere $25 by signing up for iTunes Match. It will replace your self-pirated music with legit copies from the iTunes Store (where it can match them) and pay the artists for the music you stole when you re-sold the CDs. You only need subscribe for one year, you keep the replaced music even if the subscription lapses.

(and yes blah blah blah it was my music I paid for it blah blah. Don't look at me, I didn't make the law, but this site adheres to US copyright law even if you're not in the US).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.