Looking For An App

Reaction score
I have no idea where to put this.. I'm looking for an app for my MacBook Pro that lets me put several screen shots off my iPhone into one image. A free app would be optimal, or at least a cheap one. Speaking of that, if I were to pay for an app for the laptop, would it be a one time charge to my account or would it be monthly? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There is also Seashore, based on GIMP but a native OSX application, and it's also free

Seashore

C

chas_m

Generally speaking, purchased apps are a one-time cost, though major new versions (such as, for example, Adobe CS5 to CS6) are paid upgrades.

Some companies (like Adobe and Microsoft) are also trying out the "software as a service" model, where you pay a modest monthly fee for access to programs that are otherwise too expensive for typical consumers to justify. We'll have to see how that model works out, it can be a big money-saver in certain situations but my guess would be that most people will stick to the boxed/downloaded flat-fee software model.

PS. If you're looking for a graphics editor that doesn't look like it escaped from the 1990s, you might check out Pixelmator ($15) at the Mac App Store.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 for Pixelmator. Easy to use, inexpensive, and has on line tutorials. GIMP is a powerful program but very difficult to setup and get working right.

OP
M
Reaction score
Tried out Gimp and was completely lost. Tried Seashore and it's much simpler to use and worked great. Thanks again for the suggestions!

I don't think I'd like having a monthly fee for an app just because I'm a tightwad and don't always have money sitting in an account. Should be interesting to see where it goes, though, I agree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.