Having trouble with midi controller for basic functions

Reaction score
For some reason, my MIDI controller doesn't seem to respond to any assignments it learns. For example:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/download/file.php?id=18824

I assigned the one of the buttons on my footswitch to toggle the mute on and off on track 7, as can be seen in the screenshot:

However, when I press the footswitch, not a thing happens. Logic doesn't even seem to register the MIDI signal coming in (only after I assign it a command though...strangely enough, it accepts the incoming signal BEFORE it's assigned to something). I'm not sure why this is happening? I've used the Command + L method with my Axiom 61 to assign pan/faders/mute/solo/etc. parameters to its buttons and knobs, but for some reason, I'm not having luck here. I'm really trying to get the footswitch to work with Amplitube3 (I made another topic about this already actually), but I've found that I can't even get the controller to perform simple functions in Logic, let alone in a plugin.

For the record, I'm using a Logidy UMI3 footswitch.

Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.