Modem?

Reaction score
As of now i lease a westell modem of which i am not happy with, I would like to purchase my own equipment. I have a Imac and a Macbook. My provider is Centurytell. i think what i want is to use both the Macbook and the Imac wireless. I'm open for suggestions, Please help. Thank you

C

chas_m

Is this a modem that also provides wireless (ie has an antenna in the back) or is it just a modem?

C

chas_m

You'll need to contact CenturyLink and ask the what is compatible with your DSL system. I'm reasonably confident that any third-party DSL modem should work but I have no direct experience on that so best to go with what your provider says will work.

Are you sure the problem is with the Westell modem, or is the modem fine but you just want to add wireless?

If the latter, I can strongly recommend the Apple Airport Express -- I've tried the cheap brands and they're not awful or anything but you always end up with issues. The Airport Express has been rock solid and was the most pleasurable setup I've ever encountered (and I'm very comfortable with the web-based setups most modems use).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.