iPhoto 11 & QuickTime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
I don't see a way to export photos directly to QuickTime. The export function is really, really slow (even when using the "small" setting) and I want all of the QuickTime options, including background color. What am I missing - or does iPhoto 11 (version 9.4.2) not allow this function? I'm on Mountain Lion, if that makes any difference.
Thanks for help.

C

chas_m

Maybe I'm not understanding what you actually want to do. Why do you want to export photos -- still images -- to QuickTime?

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I'm not understanding what you actually want to do. Why do you want to export photos -- still images -- to QuickTime?

I'm exporting photos to make portable slide shows that can be posted on Moodle, or my classroom blog. At least, I'm trying to export the photos! Worked fine on Snow Leopard with an earlier version of iPhoto, but the option doesn't seem to be there now.

C

chas_m

You can still do this by selecting Export from the File menu, choosing Slideshow, then clicking Custom Export. All the QT options you remember and probably then some.

I personally prefer to create the slideshows in iPhoto first (some really beautiful themes!) and then export THAT as a slideshow, but you can select individual photos or a group of them and export as QuickTime movie files if that's what you want to do.

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem is that it takes forever that way, and QuickTime exports, are, well --- quick! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.