hinge issue on MBP 13` 2012 edition

Reaction score
ok, it`s been almost like 10 days since i got MBP 13 inch
after I`m done and as i am about to shut, the lead hinge makes a creaky sound, on the top right side of the keyboard
sometimes it makes the same sound while opening the lid
i have bought a very tight sleeve case designed and authorized by mac itself called BUILT (for 13 inch)
so it is a bit of a struggle after i `slide` my mac inside and esp. when i roll the zip on top of it by using the effort as it won`t be zipped with ease
you think it might have caused it? i only took my MBP out twice out so i don't think it would have been an issue. Also i`ve been researching online about creaky hinges, so none of the users mentioned about tight case so i guess creakiness is a general issue, stemming from certain `deficient` MBPs:((((

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

ok, it`s been almost like 10 days since i got MBP 13 inch

10 Days wow!!!! Take it in to an Apple store and get them to look at it, if nothing else it will put your mind at rest.

OP
M
Reaction score
oops forgot to mention
creaky hinge sound is produced after i SHUT macbook thru using several hours, and when it is quite warm
but not when it is cold
(i mean i did mention it creaks when i OPEN the lid but just as i get back to it after shutting it not like opening it the first thing in the morning, all cool and ready)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

10 Days wow!!!! Take it in to an Apple store and get them to look at it, if nothing else it will put your mind at rest.

thanks thats what i am gonna do
my friend bought it from switzerland and i m glad i managed to save the receipt after he handed me
so the expiration date for a refund is 18 dec, it was bought on dec 4
so i might as well hurry up, wonder if they give me the swiss-german keyboard
cuzz i m learning german and i specifically want a german/swiss one (im currently in turkey and hope the won`t give the turkish keyboard:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is new so defiantly take it in to the closest Apple store. And come out with a non squeaky Mac, this is not normal. Especially if something is overheating and causing expansion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can only speak about the Geneve Apple store which is local to me, and they have always been extremely helpful.

OP
M
Reaction score
It is new so defiantly take it in to the closest Apple store. And come out with a non squeaky Mac, this is not normal. Especially if something is overheating and causing expansion.

yeah thats what i mean
after it s been heated and i shut the sound comes out and it literally ****** me off
the only thing that concerns me is that they ll hand me one with a turkish keyboard
and i want specifically a swedish-german one:(
i guess i have the right to demand it since i paid for the one i wanted
so fingers crossed
i mailed Zurich apple store, (the exact store where my friend bought it for me) informing them of the situation, so hope they ll consider my concern

C

chas_m

Just want to clear something up though: just because the case you bought came from the Apple Store, this does not mean it is "authorized by [Apple] itself." Apple sells a wide range of third-party products that it knows will work with its products, but the case you bought could possibly be for some other model of MBP (there have been several revisions in the last couple of years). Apple is not responsible if the case isn't the right one, so have them check to make sure the case is actually compatible with the revision of MBP you bought.

OP
M
Reaction score
is creaky sound on the hinge related to the "malfunction" of the hard disk?

just asking
as i am rather confused whether the creaky sound is the result of the hinge being "tight"
or
hard disk drive being damaged

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
We're confused also, because you have not mentioned anything about the hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.