• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Last minute shopping?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
So who is going to be doing that? I just came back from the mall on a Friday and it was jam packed.

Bought myself an early Christmas present so I can do some Christmas card writings. :D

ND3A0618_zps0a9b504d.jpg

ND3A0617_zps293b65ec.jpg

ND3A0615_zps8539d904.jpg

ND3A0614_zpsd67e71eb.jpg

ND3A0613_zpsdff664a0.jpg

Please don't ask me how much it cost because I just closed my eyes and handed them my card. Didn't bother to ask or look at the receipt. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Very nice pen, quite jealous at that. I went to a shopping center near me the other week to get some christmas presents but ended up not buying any, but getting myself 3 different treats from Thorntons chocolate shop instead. Oh well. Done the rest of my shopping online and only have one person to buy for now, granted it's the girlfriend I have to buy for so probably need to start doing that soon.

- Simon

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Very nice pen, quite jealous at that. I went to a shopping center near me the other week to get some christmas presents but ended up not buying any, but getting myself 3 different treats from Thorntons chocolate shop instead. Oh well. Done the rest of my shopping online and only have one person to buy for now, granted it's the girlfriend I have to buy for so probably need to start doing that soon.

- Simon

I also did most of shopping online however there were a few things that I couldn't find online. Most of the stuff that I already ordered came today or are coming in next friday.

Getting a gift for the love ones sure is hard. >_<"

The pen is great! It's for my normal handwriting though. I'm still waiting for my Copperplate/Specerian pen to come in through the post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I also did most of shopping online however there were a few things that I couldn't find online. Most of the stuff that I already ordered came today or are coming in next friday.

Getting a gift for the love ones sure is hard. >_<"

It certainly is the hardest. The person I know the best is the person i'm struggling to get something for. I know of a million things I could get her, but none of them seem right. Ahhh well, I'll find something, fingers crossed anyway.

- Simon

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
My main rule is, "If Amazon Doesn't Sell It, They Don't Get It!" ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pretty sure just about everything i've gotten people for xmas is from Amazon, so I should probably use that rule too :)

- Simon

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

HAHAHA. That's a good rule. I just don't like waiting for shipping. Even though I'm a Amazon Prime member.

They lost one of my packages yesterday and I just got the replacement one today. I <3 their customer service but it was a hassle trying to get in contact with them especially durring the holiday season.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Ever since they caved in to Texas and started charging sales tax for purchases, I've stopped shopping there. Plenty of other on line re-sellers. I just ordered some stuff from B&H Photo in NY. Free UPS ground shipping and no sales tax!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't bother ~ have you guys not heard of the end of the world on December 21 according to the Mayan Calendar?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Harry:

The word is the Mayans were smoking "Loco Weed" that's plentiful in Mexico and got too stoned to finish their calendar. ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Harry:

The word is the Mayans were smoking "Loco Weed" that's plentiful in Mexico and got too stoned to finish their calendar. ;)

That's the best explanation I've seen yet. :D

Reaction score
I'll be doing some shopping tomorrow for my little guy but that's all I've got left to do. He was undecided on what he wanted from "Santa" this year ;D I'm excited to see that smile on his face.

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll be doing some shopping tomorrow for my little guy but that's all I've got left to do. He was undecided on what he wanted from "Santa" this year ;D I'm excited to see that smile on his face.

I want that. Maybe someday. In the mean time I have my cousins. They are only 6 years old and are way into Assassin's Creed. I bought them some stuff Assassin's Creed stuff and can't wait to see their face when they open their presents.

Not even sure if it will fit their tiny arms but I bet that won't stop them. :D

Reaction score
I want that. Maybe someday. In the mean time I have my cousins. They are only 6 years old and are way into Assassin's Creed.

My little guy just turned four last week. He's into guns and tools right now so I'm aiming for a G.I. Joe gun set, a little Black and Decker tool set and some walked talkies for us.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So who is going to be doing that? I just came back from the mall on a Friday and it was jam packed.

Bought myself an early Christmas present so I can do some Christmas card writings. :D

Please don't ask me how much it cost because I just closed my eyes and handed them my card. Didn't bother to ask or look at the receipt. >_>"

Nice pen! My wife has a nice little fountain pen collection.

- Nick

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice pen! My wife has a nice little fountain pen collection.

- Nick

I just started collecting. The nib on this particular one is 18k White gold. <3 it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.