Gmail to Mac contacts question...

Reaction score
Hey there.
I'm new to macs, so please forgive me if i'm missing something simple.

I'm trying to add my email addresses from gmail inbox to the mac contacts. I don't delete any of my email in gmail and therefore I can search through my inbox for all my email addresses. I have exported a v card from gmail but this has only copied a small amount of the email addresses I have in my inbox.

Is there a way of automating the copying of the remaining addresses from gmail to the mac contacts list?

Many thanks, T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Depends how you want it all to work.

Do you want to keep your gmail contacts in sync with the Mac Address book? Or is this a one time import?

Can you post back with your Mac model and OSX version too please.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey there. Thanks for the reply

It would be a one time import. I'm on an Imac running OS x 10.8.2

Many thanks, T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The first thing you need to do is to add all the addresses/contact you want to your Gmail contacts list.

Many are added automatically for you but you can manually add them from the drop-down menu of the gmail reading pane.

Once your gmail contacts are as you want them click on the More... menu (top middle beneath the Gmail search bat in contacts. Select Export - VCard.

This will prompt you to save a VCF file on your Mac

Start the Contacts App on your Mac. Go to File - Import
Browse to and select the VCF file you saved. Hit OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.