images

Reaction score
Does all the thousands of images & video saved slow your computer. If so how can you stop your computer from saving them ? Can you delete them?

ellapotter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what do you mean precisely

You need to be more specific about where these files have come from to get any meaningful advice

OP
E
Reaction score
When you open finder on the left side of page under devices at the bottom there is a icon (Images).
I clicked on it and it looks like every image that has been on my computer has been saved there.

ella potter

Reaction score
What I would do is get an external hard drive or even a USB stick and move all of the pics/vids.

C

chas_m

The answer to your question is "no, they don't slow down your computer ... until the hard drive is full."

If you're like most people, you can store many tens of thousands of images on your computer before it gets full, so it's likely not going to be something you have to worry about unless you are a crazy picture-taker or movie-maker!

You can always check how full your hard drive is by opening any Finder window and looking at the bottom center:

Finder-freespace.png

If your hard drive's free space ever gets below that number, it's time to look into moving your media collection to another drive or consider buying a bigger hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.