Mac Mail too slow

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my mail has different e-mail accounts like hotmail,gmail and company e-mail account. When I start the mail, it takes quite a long time to syn with my company e-mail server and it slows down the whole MAC including Safari. I know I need to organize my e-mails trying to delete it or save it somewhere. If I don't open Mail when I first start my MAC, where can I find my e-mails record (or maybe they are saved somewhere)? How can I backup my e-mails?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One thing I would advise is to check your preferences in Mail and make sure that you are not deleting email from the server after it's downloaded. I know that Google Mail (GMail) and HotMail will retain messages for a long time before purging them from the server. That way, you always have a backup on the server that can be downloaded again. Of course you'll also need to do some organizing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.