Help Please Adding Daughters iPod to myMac...

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone.
My problem...
I have my Apple ID etc on my gorgeous Mac, but... My daughter has been brought an iPod Touch 5g for christmas, as ive been setting it up for her, by linking it to my Mac so she can photo stream and get all the app,s this means she will get all my emails and text messages on her iPod which i don't want (she's only 9) ..... so my question is, can i set up an Apple Id in her name so she is not getting all my info and still connect/stream etc to my Mac.

Hope i have explained this correctly, Many thanks for your help on this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can have one AppleID (I'd suggest you're existing one) that you use for purchasing etc. But you can also have one just for her and her device (set it up on the iCloud page in Settings).

This way she'll have her own iCloud.com address for email and iMessages, 5gb free iCloud space for backups etc.

She can share photostreams from her device with your main ID on the Mac.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi mrplow
Thank you for your reply, just to clarify, even though her iCloud address is different to mine the computer will still recognise her iPod and will be able to photstream and use iTunes? apologises for sounding slightly dim but i am still new to the mac..
Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes it will still recognise it and still use iTunes.

How are you wanting to use Photostreams?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.