Trying to fight upgrade fever

Reaction score
I have a July 2011 MacBook air 4GB Memory, 128GB SSD, a 16GB WiFi ipad 3, yet i feel restless & discontented. In my head I know that standing pat & waiting for things like a new Thunderbolt display or new MBA's is the smart thing to do but still I fight upgrade fever.

How can I content myself with what I have? What accessories should I put on my holiday wish list that might make my current devices feel fresh again?

Reaction score
Lol I think you would feel content and very satisfied if you bought me a new 2012 MBP for Christmas ................................

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How can I content myself with what I have?

If your current computer can do what you need it to do…then you don't need an upgrade. A newer computer will not allow you to surf the internet any faster…send & receive e-mails any quicker…or play music better.

On the other hand…if your computer cannot do what you need it to do…then an upgrade may be in order.:)

It's kind of like having a fast car. If your current car can go 125mph…getting a faster car that can go 180mph…isn't going to get you to work any faster…especially if the speed limit of the highway is 55-70mph!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2010 2.4GHz 2GB 10.8.1 iPhone 3GS
I know how you feel. A new toy is always good to play with, at least until a newer toy becomes available.

I would like a faster Mac so I can get back to the short start-up times that I had when mine was new (2010, Snow Leopard). Unfortunately a new Mac would get just as slow after a few years and several OSX upgrades.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I have a July 2011 MacBook air 4GB Memory, 128GB SSD, a 16GB WiFi ipad 3, yet i feel restless & discontented. In my head I know that standing pat & waiting for things like a new Thunderbolt display or new MBA's is the smart thing to do but still I fight upgrade fever.

How can I content myself with what I have?

Instead of thinking about a new Mac, eat lots of chocolate! :yum:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.