.wmv to .mp4

A

andrew@twenty20

Ok so Microsoft don't want to support Windows Media Player on Mac any more.

That's cool WMP sucks anyway. But how do I convert .wmv files to .mp4? especially when you consider that some of the more recently created files won't even open in the last Mac edition of Wmp.

Ahhhh

OP
U

UncSki1218

i think that iSquint can convert wmv to mp4 (not positive). choose optimize for tv or the other settings you want. also i use the free version of flip4mac. its a plug in that lets you play wmv through quicktime.

OP
A

andrew@twenty20

Humm, Tried flip4mac and most of my wmv files worked and exported to mp4 fine through QT Pro, however ther were still many that didn't open.
I'm trying to down load iSquint now but it's proving to be a bit dodgy.

OP
A

andrew@twenty20

Well, perhaps the wmv files can't convert are just dodgy or some strange kind of codec?
Anyone with thoughts on the subject?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have the same problem. About 75% of mine play in QT, but the remaining 25% won't at all, they still play in WMP. I suspect it has to do with how they were encoded originally and then converted to wmv files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.