PDF with strikeout text

Reaction score
Hi there. I imported 2 PDF files from a memori stick and opened them in preview - all text is strikeout with thick line - can't see nothing. I've checked the permission and there is no restriction for those docs. Can you help me with this issue? Thanks a lot

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

My guess is that the PDFs were set to use a font that you don't have installed on your Mac, thus it's defaulting to some random font..

I get PDFs from China all the time at work and all of the English text shows up properly, but all of the Chinese usually shows up as blocks or something silly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I don't think so... Look into attachment.

That is ugly. Ill PM you with my email Address and send the original file to me and we will see what happens. I havnt seen anything like that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like it may be either a locked or restricted PDF. Where did you download it from and did you have permission?

OP
H
Reaction score
I downloaded it from open source page with a windows machine and transfered via memory stick to mac. On windows machine same file looks fine and there is no restrictions on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I had a look mate and I'm guessing there is a Font problem somewhere. Why can you not download it on the Mac you have ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.