Are using PC (Windows) as a main computer for iTunes stable?

Reaction score
I am having connection issues with my sharing of files through iTunes. I'm using a windows computer as my main. All my equipments are wireless even the main computer to my internet (router). I have an Apple TV, iPad, iPhone that I use to access my files (media) from my main PC. My connection would always have to be resetted from my main PC (iTunes). I would have to always turn off my sharing, then turn on again to make it work. And sometimes having to restart the computer itself to make it work. I have my computer set to "never" turning off on my power management. Where can my problem be? Will I have less problems if I use a Mac as my main computer?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Since you would be using iTunes as your basis for sharing media with your other Apple devices, that should work fine and I don't think replacing the Windows PC with a Mac will make it all work..

For example, I have an iMac that is running iTunes and connected to all of my media. I've had Home Sharing on for a long time and for a while I could stream my music/videos to my iPad and iPhone..but recently (even before iTunes 11), my library is visible on the iOS devices, but when I try to connect, the pie chart fills half way and then stops.

I've had to resort to turning stuff off and on to get back working again..

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks. That right there with the pie filling up halfway and stops and can't connect when I use my iPad is exactly what happening. We have the same thing happening. But some days it would work good the whole day. I wonder what could be causing this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I haven't been streaming much lately, so I haven't dug too deep into what might be causing the problem. But perhaps I'll search around and see what's going on..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.