Wacom Tablets & Scanners for Older Macs

Reaction score
Greetings All!
I am an aspiring artist of several mediums. Currently I have an 2006 iMac, running TIGER 10.4.11
I am hoping to upgrade to LEOPARD soon.
I would like a wacom tablet that would be compatible with this older iMac and both operating systems, as well as Film Negative Scanners & Flatbed Scanners for Art.
I'm hoping to use Adobe CS3, Poser(if available), and other digital imaging software.
I doubt I can run Maya on this iMac, but if I am wrong, please let me know.
My Processor is 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory is 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

May I kindly request some feedback on good quality wacom tablet & scanners? And more specifically which model of said Wacom and Scanners, please. (i.e. Bamboo Intuos...)
Also, I have a Canon30D, and I am curious if any of the Canon All-In-Ones (Printer, Scaner, Copier) are of good quality, or should I seek to procure a non-all-in-one printer?
I'll be printing photos, maybe digital art.

Thank You =o)

Reaction score
Your best bet would be to go to each vendors web site and see which model has a download of drivers/software for each operating system. If there is not a download for Tiger or if it says 10.6 or higher then it probably wont work.

Looking at the support site it seems a lot of the older models do support both Tiger and Leopard. However, what are the chances you're going to upgrade? If so, you need to find one which will support the OS you're upgrading to.

As far as the printer, that's a personal choice. I personally use a separate printer and scanner which happens to be HP. Go with what feels right for you and your needs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
^^^

You're asking questions about what is supported with 6 and 7 year old hardware and software. All of which have been upgraded a minimum of 3 times since. You're going to find that most people that tend to hang around forums providing tech support also tend to be using the current version (or maybe 1 version back) of both their hardware and software.

Unless someone comes along that is still using that same 6-7 yr old stuff &/or used the same things you're describing and remembers what they did 6-7 yrs ago, it'll be a tough time getting good answers - especially for hardware supporting an OS that is 3-4 versions back - in most forums.

You might try googling Mac, wacom, printers using google's search tools and a custom time frame so that you're getting responses back of hardware that will work with the software of that time frame - probably using 2005 - 2007, maybe 2008 at the latest. You'll need to input your initial search term, then you'll get a drop down for Search Tools - Any time - Custom Range - Good luck!

I'd also do as cradom suggested, some of wacom's newer hardware may still support the older OS. You'll need to make sure it'll still support CS3 also, which is up to CS6 now. That may be tougher, because they're probably not doing any design or testing of their new hardware with 10.4 or 10.5 in mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.