MBP Adapter protection

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone taken any precautions to preserve their MBP adapter's whiteness?
Ive noticed that its getting dirtier as the time passes. Ive also had an ipod classic whose cable is not almost black. Is their way to stop it from happening? Like i was thinking of getting it laminated if possible.

Also, the black lint free cloth given in the box has its color withering! Some months back i was cleaning my adapter with it and it made my adapter dark.

Thanks.

OP
F
Reaction score
Is it caused by UV, Heat, oils from finger tips or a combination of all sorts?
The place where i live is quite dusty. I would say its quite a natural process of blackening, with some combination of hand prints maybe. Ive been cleaning it regularly on sundays, problem is ive been using a edgy cloth to clean the cable to get the mud out, but im a bit concerned so as not to mess up with it.

The product seems convincing, but i don't think they'd ship to India

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Have a look at these SpliceMaster&#174 Type NF Cable Cleaner -- Powerful Solvent Replaces 1,1,1,-Trichlor: Non-Flammable, No Flash Point, No Residue, Non-Conductive, Fast Evaporating, Non-Carcinogenic, Non-Ozone Depleting. Cleans Cables, Controls, Relays, Switches, Elect

The problem being is the vast majority of us aren't chemists or physicists so we'll never really understand what's happening..is it caused by UV, Heat, oils from finger tips or a combination of all sorts? I had an iBook G4 once and the cable became grubbier and more elastic the older it got.

Go with something proprietary rather than mixing something up yourself...it is a power cable after all.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you ever washed that black lint free cloth or have you just continued using it all this time while every time you use it, it gathers the dust onto it from all the previous times you've used it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.