Screen Recorder that lets me hide the window?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a screen recording app for my Mac that will allow me to record windows that are either minimized OR in a different virtual desktop. Basically, I want to set a window to record, hide it away, and go about my business, instead of having to carefully navigate my cursor and other windows around it while it records on my screen. I originally thought maybe some screen recorder would be compatible with Mission Control, but I have yet to find one. Any ideas/solutions? Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have a look at Jing or Snagit I believe they have a trial period.

Cheers

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks Tattoo, I have actually already tried Snagit and it doesn't have the feature I'm talking about. Jing looks like it's from the same people with pretty much the same features, and besides it's being discontinued after February 28, so that won't work either. Any other ideas? I've pretty much gone down the route of everything in the Mac App Store or on the Techsmith site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well all i could suggest is Quicktime on your Mac already and following theses simple steps from Apple Support, it sounds like you have exhausted alot of options ;

Record your screen

You can use QuickTime Player to make a video recording of your screen or just a region of your screen and save it as a movie file for later viewing. This can be helpful for showing others how to perform a task, workflow, or for training.

Choose File > New Screen Recording. To start recording what's occurring on your Mac's screen, click the round record button.

You can record some of all of the screen:

If you want to record the entire screen, click anywhere on the screen to start recording.
To record just a smaller portion of the of the screen, drag your pointer to select the region of the screen you want to record, and then click the Start Recording button within the region.
To stop recording, click the stop button in the menu bar, or press the Command-Control-Escape key combination (all at once) on the keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.