Back button not working in Safari 6.0.2

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to "enable" the back button yet in the new Safari? If I can't get some help soon, I am dumping Safari. I can't revert to my old version of Safari with Time Machine because it won't allow it. Am I stuck with this new version? Using the history tab is time wasting. thanks..anyone else having this problem?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hrmm... my back button works as it always has.

Is the back button missing altogether?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I think it is possible some of us are missing the close this option 'x' when a second windows opens from a link etc.

It needs to be clicked on, not the back button selected.

M

MacInWin

I think it is possible some of us are missing the close this option 'x' when a second windows opens from a link etc.

It needs to be clicked on, not the back button selected.
AH, could be. I don't open new windows, just new tabs and the back button works until you get back to the ORIGINAL URL in that tab, then you have to close the tab to get rid of it. So If the OP is opening NEW windows with only one URL, the back button doesn't work because there is nothing to which to go back. Makes sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.