ejecting a CD

Reaction score
Hi, How do I eject a CD from my new mc book pro. I looked on this forum, and it was mentioned to go to Disk Utilities, but I cannot locate that, I am a real beginner!
thanks
Jennifer

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums!

There are many different ways to eject a disk from the optical drive. The easiest is if you see the disk image on your desktop, just grab it with your mouse or trackpad and drop it into the Trash bin. You can also right click on the disk image and select "eject". There is no need to open Disk Utility (which by the way is located in "Applications", "Utilities".)

If the disk is stuck and refuses to eject, reboot your Mac while holding down your mouse button or trackpad button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
I use the key to the right of F12, for DVD ejecting, it has a small up arrow with a line under it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.