Windows 7 partition won't connect to internet

Reaction score
Hello - I have an iMac (OS X Snow Leopard), with Windows 7 on a partition. have had it for a couple of years and no problems, but in the last week we have not been able to connect on the Windows side to the internet. Mac side works fine still.

I think it has to do with the fact that we changed our router password. I have gone into System and Security on the Windows side to change it there as well, but it prompts us now and does not accept the new password. The connection to the router shows as good but the it shows the connection between the router and internet as bad. This can't be correct because the Mac side connects just fine.

I'm thinking I need to reinstall the driver for the internet adapter. Can someone confirm or offer other suggestions? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I would change the router password back - to the one Windows 7 is expecting and test it. If it is the password - Windows 7 will connect again. If it is something else - well then that bridge will have to be crossed when you give more information.

OP
L
Reaction score
I tried your suggestion, but to no avail. Checking on the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, it tells me it cannot load drivers, "Code 31." When I check the Internest Access Server, it tells me "drivers not installed, Code 28."

What now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I would try to reinstall the bootcamp drivers in windows 7. They would be on the grey disk that came with your system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.