• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Shouldn't iTunes 11 be an update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Shouldn't iTunes 11 show up as an update? Always before when I checked for updates, any new version would be showing as ready for download. I have run update on all three of my systems and none indicate that a new iTunes is available.

This isn't a problem, since I can just go to the Apple store and kick off the download automatically, but was just wondering if it is showing up in the update list of others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It didn't show up for me yesterday afternoon, but did that night. Try using the "Check for Updates" option from iTunes' own menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It showed up as an update in Software Update on my MBP and on the HP with Win 7 I had to go to Apple's website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Same here, showed up as an update as well. Think I did have to check for it though..

OP
cptkrf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Interesting. The update showed up on my MBAir with Lion, but not yet on either of my ML machines. It would be interesting to know just what the mechanism is that advertises updates. The only thing I can think of is that Apple deliberately staggers the update broadcast to prevent being overwhelmed by users all clicking on update at the same time.

Again, no big deal, but a minor interesting phenomenon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.