Out of control Mouse

Reaction score
The mouse on my imac seems to have a mind of it's own... Everytime I try to use it, it is all over the screen, seldom going to the place I have directed it.... Do I need a new one or is there an easy fix for this frustrating problem?

M

MacInWin

What kind of mouse? What kind of iMac, what version of OSX? What have you tried so far to control the mouse better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you gone into System Preferences and tried to adjust the speed setting of the cursor/mouse?

OP
P
Reaction score
WOW.... Didn't even know that capability was there. Just a slight adjustment seems to have fixed the problem!! Hey did I notice that you are from Winchester, Virginia? That's my home town.

OP
P
Reaction score
oops...

WOW.... Didn't even know that capability was there. Just a slight adjustment seems to have fixed the problem!! Hey did I notice that you are from Winchester, Virginia? That's my home town.

sorry... Just noticed it was the other guy that is from Winchester.... But hey... thanks for the help!!

M

MacInWin

The "other guy" is from Winchester, VA. I'm over in Harvest Ridge. Moved here 2.5 years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.