• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's the ergonomic set up that you use?

Reaction score
I have back pain and neck pain all the time.

How do you use the computer? Any particular chairs? desks?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One thing that many folks do when they are working at the computer…is bad posture & working for too long in one position. What helps a lot is to:

- sit up straight (don't slouch or sit "hunch-backed")
- every now and then roll your head around to help the neck
- do some "shoulder-shrugs" to help the shoulders & upper back
- get up and walk around every so often just to change position & get blood flowing to other parts of the body
- make sure that all your computer hardware is setup properly ergonomically (desk height, chair height, display height, etc.)

You can have the best ergonomic setup in the world (best ergonomic setup & best furniture)…but this still does not mean you can "plant" yourself in front of the computer for hours & hours…and not experience some neck and/or back pain. You need to get up & move around every now & then. :)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
No standup desk. I have the keyboard on a pull-out so that it's lower than the top of the desk. At work, the pull-out has a round attachment for the mouse. At home, I pull out a drawer, place a firm book on it, and my mouse pad on top of that. By doing this, my hands are not higher than my elbows, which keeps my arms from getting tired or cramped. If I have to work at desk height, the muscles between my neck and shoulders get tired very quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.