wireless keyboard question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
We just got a reconditioned iMac (10.6.8) which uses a wireless mouse and keyboard.

The keyboard worked fine at the store, but now it seems dead. I can't get any sort of response from it. I don't even know where to start looking for the problem. Store won't open for another 3 hours, so can't call them until then.

Had a brand new wireless keyboard and tried it. The installation process stalled at "identifying keyboard" and stayed there for what seemed like hours, but was maybe five minutes or so, and never did identify it.

any suggestions?

The mouse works just fine.

Thanks,
Jann

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
Can I answer my own question?

At least on the keyboard that came with it ***problem solved*** It has an on/off switch which our instructor forgot to mention...

Turn it on, and it works. I dont' know what the problem was with the other one, maybe the same thing, but now I can relax and see if It's the same thing.

I know when a fan doesn't turn on or a lamp doesn't light to check the powercord first - but it never dawned on me there might be an on/off switch on the keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's easy to overlook. The Apple aluminum wireless keyboards have a small push to engage switch which resides on the right side of the board. A tiny green light will come for several seconds when the board is turned on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.