help!

Reaction score
says it will work with (my very new) MacBook Air but am going round in circles and don't wanna go back to Maplins and faff with nerds to get it installed. Have been to Samsung website but to no avail.

Will send lots of omms if anyone can help (yes, I'm a yoga teacher)

:Angry-Tongue::Angry-Tongue::Angry-Tongue:

OP
C
Reaction score
sorry - new - this is for Samsung dvd writer se 208

and I've just lost five years trying to install it!

C

chas_m

Does this DVD writer have its own power supply, or does it rely on the USB port?

If the latter, give up and go buy an Apple Superdrive. That's the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The se-208 is supposed to be Mac compatible - including the new MBA. But I agree power is the most likely issue here.

Are you getting any error messages? lights on the drive? sound from the drive? What exactly happens when you connect it?

Which MacBook Air do you have?

OP
C
Reaction score
macbook air

Hi

I have the newest one - it's only 2 weeks old!

Blinkin box for drive said mac compatible... maybe I should go to shout at Maplins who sold it to me as being fit for purpose.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Did you use the install disk that came with it? Also did you have 2 USB plugs, one with two wires and one with one wire?
If yes to the USB question make sure the plug with two wires is connected to your Mac. NOT THE SINGLE WIRED PLUG.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks but...

have got correct plug into usb, disc is mainly for PC and can't get the mac bit to function.... still going round in circles. Nero is not supported by mac as it's a windows programme...

C

chas_m

oldscribe: how do you use the DVD that came with it when the MBA doesn't have a drive (which is why they bought the external drive) and the external drive isn't working? :)

cantliz: "Mac compatible" does not mean "every possible Mac ever made including one that clearly came out after we made this device." They were probably referring to most Macs -- the MBA is kind of a different beast on DVD drives. Return the device and get the Apple Superdrive that is made specifically for the MBA, or learn to use the "DVD sharing" feature if you have another computer around ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.