Livetype Crashes

Reaction score
Hi there
Well I have 7 Mac Mini in a laboratory at College
the specs are ;
4x1.87GHz Core 2 Duo 1 GB 667MHz DDR2
2x 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067MHz DDR3
1 x 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

Now the 2.53 Ghz came with Snow Leopard built in and has no problems in running the software we are using (Final Cut Express 4.1 HD and Livetype)
The others all came with Tiger and ran the software but was slower.
I decided to update the OS to Snow Leopard 10.6 and after updates all 7 are running 10.6.8.

OK the Final Cut Express is running fine on all machines BUT Livetype crashes everytime it is opened on the recently upgraded machines !
I can´t believe it is a software issue with Snow Leopard as the aforementioned 2.53Ghz machine runs with no problem whatsoever.
I have been researching on other forums and noticed that it could be a Framework issue , so when i looked at the System submenu i noticed that there were in fact 2 folders ; 1 called PROKIT.FRAMEWORK the other called PROKIT(SNOW LEOPARD). FRAMEWORK

could it be some conflict between these two folders and subsequent contents that is causing the Livetype to crash ? As I said it opens fine and even allows to construct a sequence .. but then if the colour of the font or even saving the project causes the program to crash.

Anyone out there know a solution ?? banging my head on the wall doesnt seem to work .. just gives me a headache :'(;D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I assume that you upgraded the older Mac Mini's but didn't do anything to the applications. Can you uninstall Livetype and re-install it on one of the upgraded Mac Mini's and see if it starts to behave again?

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi there .. No have deinstalled Final Cut Express on all Mac´s then reinstalled ... everytime that I try to use Livetype it crashes ... it can stay open and you can construct a basic sequence .. place background , animate text etc ... but if you try to change the colour of the font or save the project ... it crashes !!

Reaction score
Just wondering if you ever fixed the problem with Live Type Crashing? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.