White Screen During Windows 7 Installation

Reaction score
[Resolved] White Screen During Windows 7 Installation

HI guys.

I am trying to install windows 7 using bootcamp on my macbook pro mid 2012 after deleting a previous install and everything goes fine until bootcamp partitions the drive and then begins to restart to boot into the Windows installation..

When it reboots I get a white screen and nothing happens.. windows does not boot.

I try instead to create an ISO image and boot from a flash drive and the same thing happens..

If anybody has any experience with this or knows the solution to the problem I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

Update: For some reason the Windows startup does not like having more than 2 USB devices plugged in during the boot.. I unplugged my USB hub and it booted fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why did you have to delete a previous install of Windows 7? And tell us what kind of disk you're using to install Windows 7. OEM? MS Boxed? Branded?

OP
D
Reaction score
I have actually resolved this now...

For some strange reason the Windows startup does not like having more than 2 USB devices plugged in during boot.

I unplugged my USB hub and it booted fine.. but once plugged back in it white screens again. Very odd...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.