My windows don't snap anymore!

O

octopustoe

Hi! I've got a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion. I used to be able to snap windows to half screen or full screen by dragging the window to the menu bar or the sides however I have suddenly been unable to do so! Please help!

sorry wrong forum***

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, please do not cross post. If you think you posted to the wrong forum, ask a Staff member to move it for you rather than duplicate the post. I removed your other post.

In Mountain Lion you should see diagonal arrows in the upper right corner of the application you're currently working with. You can click on those to go full screen. (Not every application supports this, however.) You should also be able to grab the application sides or top bottom and drag it to the size you wish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
As far as I know, OS X doesn't do this natively. You need a third party app like BetterSnapTool or Cinch. Did you have such a tool installed before?

OP
O

octopustoe

Yikes! I just realized it was HyperDock that was allowing me to do this, but I've had the app so long that I thought it was a native ability to snap the windows (like Windows 7 does). I'm a bit embarrassed but thank you for the help chscag and Oneironaut!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.