Tamil font problem in mac OS X

Reaction score
After typing in google tamil transliteration in tamil, I copied the content in tamil and pasted in mac book word 2008 but the formatting is not same and tamil language spelling also differed. Hence, I am unable to save the content or take a print out?
Can i directly save or do printouts from google tamil transliteration directly?No provision is there.
Thanks
Dr Subra
Chennai

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Tamil input method can be chosen by opening System Preferences, Language & Text, click on the "Input Sources" tab and scroll down until you see "Tamil". Place a check in the Tamil box and exit System Preferences. Make sure you also check the box that says "Show input menu in menu bar".

After that, a small flag will appear in your top menu bar. Whenever you need to write in Tamil click on the flag. Also make sure you select which Tamil input method you want to use: Anjal or Tamil99.

The transliteration method using Google translate does not work well or sometimes at all for non Roman languages.

OP
D
Reaction score
tamil font

i cannot see a menu bar to tick the flag mark in word in macbook.Where it will be?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The flag will not show up when you're in Word. You have to select the Tamil input method first from your desktop top menu (after following the directions I gave you in my previous post). Select the Tamil input method, then open Word and you should be able to start typing. In order to return to English, minimize Word and go back to non Tamil input.

We use that method when we type in Asian languages. The only problem with the input method is if you need to use a Right to Left language such as Arabic or Hebrew. Word does not support Right to Left language input.

OP
D
Reaction score
Tried ,typing in tamil as i do in google transliteration. It is not converting to exact tamil words i want. Whether I should have a tamil type writter installed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.