Keyboard problem - MacBook pro

Reaction score
I have a MacBook pro that I'm having keyboard problems with. The "o,l,return key, right shift key and sound keys" do not work. This happened all of a sudden. Can anyone please help?

Thank you. This is my first time posting to a forum. I'm trying to myself a trip to the App,e store.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
First lets start with the obvious question did any moisture get spilled on/into the keyboard?

C

chas_m

You've probably "moved" some dirt around that is affecting the keys in question. Just to check, borrow a USB keyboard (any USB keyboard) from someone, plug it in and see if everything (other than the option/windows keys, which will be reversed) works normally.

If so, further cleaning may fix the issue, but I'd be very careful about it -- instead of an air spray, maybe try a small vacuum extension (the kind that are meant to pick up very small items!!) and see if that doesn't help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.