window - agateway.adp.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 10.5.8
For months after my iMac intel (10.6.8) has been turn on for a couple of minutes I get this window on the bottom-center of the monitor that says:

To view this page, you must log in to this area on agateway.adp.com:443:
Portal Access [10:28:48:2006]
Your login information will b sent securely.

It's really annoying because I can't close it & I can't use the dock. Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

Untitled-1.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might have an application or process that's trying to call home or access that particular web page. Check your login items in System Preferences, Accounts. If you can't identify which app is the culprit, remove all the items from login and add them back in one at a time until the message shows up again.

C

chas_m

That symbol next to the message suggests to me that it is a WIDGET, not a program, that is asking for this information.

Delete all third-party widgets, particularly any that have to do with payroll services, banking info, or ftp. That will solve the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.